Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend!

We went to Rison on Friday night to spend the weekend with my parents. Jackson had a fever virus from Thursday until Sunday evening. He was in a pretty good mood though. By the time we got there, we just ate supper and sat around and talked.
On Saturday, the kids and I decorated and dyed Easter eggs and then they hunted eggs about three times. They also played on the swing, rode the 4-wheeler, tractor, and the ranger. That afternoon mom, Abigail, and I went to Fordyce to put flowers on my grandparents grave. We lost my Nanny on 3/31/05 to a painful battle of Colon cancer. She was a wonderful woman and the most unselfish lady I have ever met. When we left Abigail said "I love you Nanny". We miss her daily, but know that she is in a wonderful place called Heaven. When we got home we ate again and was entertained constantly by Abigail and Brady.
Sunday we woke up way early to attend Easter sunrise service at my old church. The service was really nice and it was great getting to see and talk to all the Rison folks! After the service we had a fellowship breakfast and the kids hunted Easter eggs on the church grounds. By the time we got back to my parent's house, we rested then ate lunch (alot of eating I know). Even though Jackson was not feeling great, I bundled him up and let him find some eggs since this was his first easter. Anyway, we had a great time and it was nice just to relax in Rison. Here are some pictures of the weekend.

1 comment:

Blessings All Mine said...

it was great to see you guys!