Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Be Thankful

I don't usually write alot about myself on my blog, but other bloggers have inspired me. My husband has been gone since Monday for a business trip in Chicago. It has been a little crazy around my household. I get home from work at ~5:30, fix supper for me & the kids, feed Jackson his meal, bath time, pajama time, pick out clothes for the next day, homework (yes, Abigail has homework), say a prayer, then try to get everyone to go to bed. Well, when daddy is gone my kids like to sleep in my bed. It is a circus! Jackson's crib is also in my room, so he can't go to sleep until they are asleep because they are so loud. Man, by the time they all FINALLY go to sleep I am worn out. Tonight is the first night that they have all been asleep by 9:00 (usually bedtime is 8pm when daddy is home). Anyway, I was complaining to myself how hard this is for me sometimes, then someone sent me an email about a lady who doesn't have arms and takes care of her baby with her legs, feet, and toes. I was so amazed and humbled. I need to be thankful (the purpose of this blog) that I'm able to take care of my kids, that I have my health, and my kids are healthy.
OK, I have been trying to download this video clip, but its not working. I will keep trying. I have it on my email if any of you would like me to forward it to you.

1 comment:

Blessings All Mine said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes I get so stressed out and irritated but then I remember that I was so afraid I'd never be able to have kids, so I should just be thankful, too!