Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Peurta Vallarta, Mexico Trip~Oct.18-25th






Scott and I had a wonderful trip to Mexico! It was so beautiful there, but it was hot! I did what I wanted to do there and that was absolutely NOTHING!! We relaxed by the resort pool, went shopping downtown(which is an experience), ate some great food (especially the salsa and guacamole), and hung out with his company friends. I actually became good friends with Scott's coworkers wife during the trip which I had never met before until our trip.

Here's the story of the day we left for Mexico~We leave our house at 4:15am to meet my dad @ Dixon Road by 5:30, so he can take Jackson to Rison (thanks dad for getting up so early). We then head to the airport for our flight @0655. I was so excited and alittle uneasy about our airplane ride. I have flown quite a bit, but still I'm alittle scared. Everything goes smoothly at check in and we were saved b/c my luggage only weighed 48pounds, so no charge-Yay!! We are getting close to boarding time and they tell us that the PILOT found a "faulty tire" and they need to get it replaced. I'm thinking, what about the maintence crew and why didn't they see this..I mean hasn't the plane been there all night? Anyway, We are 1 hour and 30 minutes past schedule and are stressing that we won't make it to our connecting flight in Dallas. The airlines tell us there is nothing they can do!! Well, we finally get on the plane 1 hour 45 minutes past schedule and finally make it to Dallas airport. At this point, we are thinking how we are going to make our connecting flight in 20 minutes at the DFW airport. Well, a worker gets on the plane and says "We need the Robnett's party of 2". We were so fired up b/c an American Airline worker person picks us up, puts us in a van and we go around the outside of the airport to our next airplane and and was valleted to the front of the line. We were thinking we were pretty special!!Haha They were thinking that they better do that or we were gonna be pretty mad!! Anyway, we get on the plane, then sit for 20 minutes, then the pilot says "there has been a problem with the paperwork in Mexico relating to customs and we need to get this changed before we can leave." Alright then...here we go. We wait another 20 minutes then FINALLY we were on our way to Mexico. Thankfully we made it safe to and from, but what a story to remember!

My kids did well and I'm thankful for my parents and Scott's dad and stepmom for helping us out. Scott and I both said it was too long for us to be gone..especially with little kids. It was nice for us to spend some quality time together,which we really needed.

I did go parasailing for the first time and it was SO MUCH FUN!! I'm alittle scared of heights, but once I took off I was alright. I was actually talking out loud (who cares, nobody could hear me) in the sky saying it was beautiful and God's creations are so amazing. I was happy when I landed safe and sound back on the beach though. Scott also went and loved every minute of it.

2 comments:

Blessings All Mine said...

The pink eye looks awful! Poor thing. But I'm so jealous of the Mexico trip!!!!

Robyn said...

Great pics! Glad ya'll had a good time.